VR Concept is an effective educational tool in addition to existing techniques because of the quick and easy visualization of CAD-models in any VR-systems for collaboration. Virtual reality training provides:
- learning real skills - effective testing of acquired knowledge in practice without risk to equipment and life
- involvement in the educational process - the rate of memorizing of the new information is up to 10 times faster
- collective and distance learning
- memorability up to 90%
Our solution allows educator or experts to be in one virtual space with trainees. Overseeing the actions of each other's avatars and interact with virtual digital twins based on 3D CAD / BIM-models of any technical and construction projects.
- The educator creates content by simply opening engineering 3D models in VR Concept
- Collaboration in virtual reality, VR Mentoring
- Working with VR suit and VR gloves - getting real skills without a risk for life or equipment
- Ability to work with the library of VR digital twins
Acquired skills during the training session with digital twin/ mockup:
- Spatial intelligence
- Collaboration in VR
- 3D modeling
- Acquaintance with the concept of digital twin
- Meet the basics of Industry 4.0 - Digital Production, Factories of the Future
- Introduction to Engineering Design (CAD / PLM)
- Work with attributes in VR/AR,acquiring of the basics of managing engineering data
- Introduсtion to architectural and construction engineering (BIM)
- Skills of operation of engineering products, buildings / structures (assembly, installation, repair, maintenance, etc.)
- Emergency skills
Speaking about the particular implementation of VR Concept, we may say that in The Quantorium Children's Technopark of Korolev specialists already use VR Concept to train young engineers in the design of spacecraft.
The new generation rapidly gets acquainted with innovative approaches in the industry and actively masters the future profession, using the latest technology.
Now, young designers from the Quantorium of Korolev technopark are studying the structure of space systems and ships using VR Concept. The trainees also learn how to print the spare parts on 3D printers and work in 3D modeling programs.
The academic staff of the Quantorium for a long time decided how to show the pupils the device of the spacecraft from the inside. There are not many ways to do this in details. You can create a natural size prototype, print it on a 3D printer. However, it will cost quite a lot of money, and it will be difficult to place the construct within the educational institution.
That is why the management team of the Quantorium decided to start implementing virtual reality technology in the educational process. So VR Concept virtual prototyping application helps to do that. There was created a VR class in which the trainees got access to teamwork (collaboration) online in virtual space. This allowed educators to begin explaining the tasks as accurately as possible and demonstrate to students the internals of spacecraft and rockets. It was proved that visualization of the studied object in a 1: 1 scale, with the effect of immersion, enhances attention and interest in learning, which affects the digestibility of the material, and allows students to point out more details and nuances.
Unlike other VR solutions, VR Concept offers a simple user interface that does not require programming skills. The educator opens the application, loads CAD / BIM models into VR Concept in a couple of minutes and organizes the collective training (collaboration) using standard virtual prototyping tools, such as measurements, sectioning, assembly and disassembly, notes.
Our solution has been used in the Quantorium of Korolev since 2018. Future engineers are successfully mastering virtual prototyping tools, gaining industrial-level skills that will be in demand in enterprises in the future.