In mechanical engineering there have always been problems for the solving which it was necessary to create mockups of assemblings, separate details, as well as the full product, in explicitation. The main aim is to see with your own eyes the future product in full size, to be able to touch it. However, the endless creation of full-scale prototypes as a result leads to the loss of time and money.
Nowadays the virtual reality played a crucial role in modernizing product design and manufacturing processes. For instance, Ford Motor Company after implementation of virtual reality systems in design centers in Merkenich (Germany) and Danton (United Kingdom), has reduced the development time of a new car from 42 to 24 months. Teamwork in virtual reality provides simplified access to pivotal technical product information for designers and engineers, as well as for suppliers and partners all around the world.
VR CONCEPT IS EFFECTIVE TOOL ON ALL STAGES OF PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE:
- Project visualization helps to identify errors at the early stages of design, to check the product in accordance with safety requirements and repairability
- The collaboration in virtual reality with a virtual prototype of an object with unlimited number of users and the used virtual reality systems will improve the quality of communication in the project team and speed up the development of project documentation and staff training
- Animation of the technological process allows users to scrutinize the projected object from all sides, twist it around its axis, zoom in and out any parts of object. It helps to identify the places of inconsistencies of objects and make all the necessary adjustments and strengthen the weak links on time. In addition, such visualization reduces the need for expensive full-scale models and production costs.
- Quick start of collaboration with CAD models in virtual reality for carrying out breadboard commissions, coordinating the project with decision-makers, customers, investors both locally and over the network. For productive start of working with virtual reality, you need a VR-ready PC, a virtual reality headset, a designed 3D model and VR Concept.
- Animation of the assembly-disassembly process for effective training, preparation of technical documentation
- Identification of collisions, creating a cross-section for a detailed study of the designed object
- Ergonomic analysis. VR Concept supports tactile feedback systems, as well as VR gloves, which provides an even more accurate study of ergonomic characteristics.
IMPLEMENTATION OF VR CONCEPT IN COLLABORATION IN VR IN THE INDUSTRY
- Reduce development time by 15-30%
- The opportunity of mock-up commissions
- Fast and effective decision making
- Reduce the number and cost of errors
- Improving Learning Efficiency